Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What the heck is going on...

Well hello there few yet faithful followers!! I know that I have been gone away from here for a little while now but I promise it is all for good reasons. I have some amazing news to share so lets get started…

First and for most I would like to thank all the people of this amazing organization the I have been working with, RAW: natural born artists, and the amazing Glaminar sister who kindly invited me to be her sidekick for a night, the lovely miss Sarrahh Blank.


What is RAW? It is an independent arts organization that hand selects and spotlights independent creatives in the visual arts, film, fashion, music, hair & makeup artistry, models, photography and performing art so that they might be seen, heard and loved.*

RAW’s mission is to provide up-and-coming artists of all creative realms, when others might not, with the tools, resources and exposure needed to inspire and cultivate creativity. RAW educates, connects and exposes emerging artists in 17 artistic communities nationwide.*

Can you say amazing!! Yeah I think so!

So, after being a sidekick, which I will gladly do again and again with Sarrahh, and after a last minute booking to be lead makeup artist for a second RAW showcase (thanks again to Sarrahh for this) I am now officially a part of RAW and will soon be a featured artist on their website.

I have been booked for both a third and forth showcase with RAW in the next few weeks. I am beyond excited about this. It seems like what I have had a passion for for so long is finally starting to bloom. I knew the seed of creativity was planted in me long ago but seeing it bloom into reality is truly amazing. And just as Oprah always quoted Glinda the Good Witch of Oz, I will too: “You always had the power”


Here are some amazing links to check out:

MUA Sarrahh Blank-the one who helped me discover RAW. Check her out here.
MUA Rey-another talented artist who is now part of RAW. Check her out here. You can read her blog here.
MUA JennyB-who has been Sarrahh’s sidekick, is now a part of RAW. Check her out here. You can read her blog here.
MUA Agent Jacqueline- another RAW artist. Check her out here.




xoxo,
cindy


*info taken directly from RAW*

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Cindy you are AMAZING! I knew you would love RAW. I'm so glad you are living your dream and staying positive through everything. Thanks for mentioning me on your bloggy. You are too sweet. Good luck on June 2nd for you RAW show. i can't wait to see more of your work. <3 ya Glam Sis :)

    ReplyDelete