that being said we all know that always having to buy new things or restocking on old favorites can nonetheless get pricey. thankfully, our most trusted cosmetic companies offer pro artist memberships. yeah i know....ubber exciting!! what is even more exciting is that for the "newbie" MUA's (myself included) is that we dont need to have a gazillion years of experience under our brush belt.
keeping all that in mind i started my hunt for all the pro memberships i could get my hands on. here are some of the amazing things i found out about pro memberships (for those who dont know too much about them):
- you can get discounts from 10%-40% (some depend on your level of expertise)
- you get the latest info on whats going on in the industry (such as newsletters, articles, etc.)
- you generally get to get your hands on the newest products before the general public
- nail technicians
- fashion stylists/designers
****special note to all my GlamSisters- your KJ Glaminar pro certification is a form of professional criteria that you can use for these membership applications. i have not encountered any issues thus far using mine.****
I have made the names of the cosmetic companies links so that you can easily start applying...ok ok lets get started:
- MAC Pro (this was my first ever pro card...YAY!!!) all you need to do is download the application, fill it out and mail it back with two pieces of professional criteria and a photo ID. the cost: $35US and $45CDN annually. the discount: 40%
- Dinair on the home page look under the professionals tab and click on the pro card apply now link. fill out the application online or download it. if you do it online all you have to do is fill it out and click submit. they will email you with the rest of the info that your need to provide. if you download it, print it out, fill it out and mail it in with a copy of your photo ID and two pieces of professional criteria. the cost: $25US annually. the discount: 20-30%
- Smashbox at the bottom of the page click on the smashbox pro link. download the application, print it out, fill it out and email or fax it back to smashbox with a copy of your photo ID and 2 pieces of professional criteria. the cost: none listed on application. the discount: 20-40%
- Senna Cosmetics this one is a little tricky. i could not find their application on their website but i know that they do offer a pro membership. i got my application at TMUS is LA this past weekend. i also dont know if there is a cost or what the discount is. however, i did get a chance to see their make up artists work on people at TMUS and i did get to swatch their product even though i did not purchase any and the color pay off on their shadows are great and the feeling of their foundations is amazing. i encourage you to do your own research on their site and to contact them if you would like to get an application. maybe they can send you one in the mail of via email. their number 800-537-3662.
- Stila <----click there and start filling out your application. it only takes a few minutes. when your are done, allow 4-6 weeks for processing. you may need to provide additional info at a later date. the cost: none listed on the site. the discount: 20-40%
- The Powder Group when you visit their site click on the little box that says TPG Pro Membership. there you will see all that they offer and let me just say its super amazing. this is why i saved it for last. this website will keep you up to date on the latest news of the industry, give you automatic entry to some of the harder to get pro memberships, exclusive offers on special events and they will even give you a spot on their site where other people, professional or clients, can contact you for work. its like advertisement for your sevices. not only that but you can also see what everyone else offers so if you are looking for models for work just look for one in your state. yup thats right...they have even made it easier for you to find people near you. there is so much more to say about them but i will let you find some more surprises for yourself. the cost: $125US and $65US for students annually. the discount: varies. i know its the most expensive of them all but i think its sooo worth it. so go check out their website and see what you think.
well my friends that is all i have to offer for now. if you know of any other great deals or programs please feel free to post them in the comments section below.
much love and wows...your cindy